Hope you’re all having a great semester, I cannot believe we’re almost done!
Just a quick update… I’ve been a bit behind due to my crazy course load this semester, but I’m finally getting caught up. I’ve just been organizing Professor O’Neal’s Youtube channel for now. I’m hoping to get some work done on the website soon.
My project this semester is a continuation of my project last semester with Professor O’Neal. As you may remember, he teaches a Professional Sales class. Each semester, his students do mock sales presentations, which he records and uploads to his Youtube channel, using Youtube Capture.
My job this semester, is to find a way to organize his Youtube channel so students can easily access the best and worst videos of previous semesters, for studying purposes. These will be linked to the Sales Club website.
This task will require me to do some research on the different ways Youtube allows you to organize videos on your channel. If anyone has any experience, or advice with this feel free to comment below! I will also continue to maintain the Sales Club website ( which I created last semester). I’m in contact with the Sales Club President to schedule a way to teach a club representative how to maintain and make changes to the site. See you all soon!
Summer is here! Overall, I feel that this semester has been very productive. I began the semester working with Professor O’Neal on the USD Sales Club Website. I was able to get most of the content up on the site including a photo gallery, video gallery, calendar, and various club photos and information. I was also able to begin organizing O’Neal’s sales videos for his marketing class. I uploaded some competition videos to his Youtube account, and we decided that we would store his videos on an external hard drive. This provided a long term solution for video management for his future classes.
My second project involved working with Dr. Friedman in the Math department. We worked to get a Java applet called the Proof Designer working. The applet allows the students in the Math Logic class to write proofs. We were able to get the Proof Designer running and write an example proof using it. I wrote two handouts for her students, one with setup instructions and the other instructing how to write a sample proof.
I enjoyed both my projects immensely, and look forward to working in the office this summer and returning in the Fall as well. Have a great summer!
Quick update, I am starting to familiarize myself with LaTeX, which is a document preparation system commonly used to write math related documents. Dr. Friedman is familiar with the older version TeX, but she would like me to help her learn the new version. It seems pretty straight forward–it’s just like coding with a different syntax. Anyhow, I’ve downloaded TeXstudio to get started but I have some configurations to figure out to get it to compile properly. Here’s a little preview… I will post some more pictures when I actually get it to compile 🙂
I am now working on another project for Dr. Friedman in the Math department. We are working on using the software for the book she uses to teach her Math Logic course. I was able to get the software to run on my macbook, but I am still having trouble setting it up on her office computer. It is blocked because of some security settings, I just have to poke around and figure out how to unblock it. Here’s a picture of the “Proof Designer” on my running on my computer.
My current project is to work on the USD Sales Club website for Professor O’Neal. Over intersession, I found out that the site had been hacked! Luckily it was was easy to fix, and now the site is up and running. If you’d like to check it out Click here. It is still a work in progress… I still have big plans for the site, including a gallery and a calendar, and some other things.