Welcome to the student built and run blog for the Student Technology Assistant program at the University of San Diego. Here, you’ll find updates on each of our student projects throughout the semester. Feel free to browse and contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Well, the STA program has been helping faculty to design and develop technology-based projects now for over 5 years now. Each semester we accept proposals from full-time faculty, proposals that outline projects they envision and would like to build but that also require significant technical skills (and usually a considerable amount of time!). The Instructional Support and Training Team (iTeam) employs up to 10 students each semester. These students are paired up with the accepted projects and work one-to-one with the faculty member for an entire semester to create the outcomes desired.
Past projects have included:
- 35mm slide scanning and image restoration, editing/enhancing
- Video editing and production
- Creation of online photo galleries and cataloging photos
- Development of Bb/WebCt courses
- Editing/production of podcasts
- 3D modeling for the Naval Warfare Simulation Lab
- Second Life 3D modeling and development
- Design and creation of numerous web sites
- Architectural design tutorials for students learning Rhino/Grasshopper
- Creation and development of wikis for students in the School of Education
- Design, creation and development of nursing simulations for clinical decision making